Discover hiking gulet cruises types in Turkey. There are many ways to enjoy the great outdoors. One of the favorite past times of travelers is hiking.
Turkey offers an abundance of lush green mountains and hilltops overlooking mother nature’s beauty and brilliance. But the scenery goes further to offer panoramic views of the Mediterranean. Our professionally guided hiking trips are combined with our luxury gulet cruises to present to you a double perspective within the compounds of Turkey’s natural playground.
All guided hiking tours and gulet sailing trips are organized for private groups. We do not offer them in combination with gulet cabins charters as this type of holiday, we feel, can be best experienced with your own group – whether with family or friends.
Freedom Style Gulet Holiday
This style of holiday offers you the freedom of a Turkey gulet cruises itinerary combined with established hiking trails planned by professionals who know the regions well. During our hiking gulet cruises the time is yours. Therefore how long you wish to stay in one anchorage point or resting stop is your decision.
We do plan an itinerary for both trips; however it can be adjusted while you are on tour.
Our main and favorite territory is the Marmaris region. Here you will find not only the above described amazing views from both land and sea. The trails can be routed according to your personal status – from slow paced easy going to high stamina level trails.
There are many hiking trails in Turkey that offer beautiful scenery and a chance to explore the country’s natural and cultural heritage. Some popular hiking destinations in Turkey include
- Mount Ararat, located in the eastern part of the country near the border with Armenia, is the highest mountain in Turkey and is believed by many to be the resting place of Noah’s Ark.
- The Lycian Way, a 500-kilometer coastal path that runs along the Mediterranean Sea and through the ancient Lycian civilization.
- The St. Paul Trail, a long-distance hiking trail that follows the route that the Apostle Paul is believed to have taken on his missionary journeys through ancient Anatolia.
- Mount Nemrut, located in southeastern Turkey, is home to the tomb-sanctuary of King Antiochus I Theos of Commagene, which includes massive statues of gods and kings.
- Black Sea coastal paths, there are many options to hike along the coast line and enjoy the Black Sea natural beauty and culture.
It is important to note that, as with any outdoor activity, hikers should be properly prepared for their trip and aware of the potential risks and hazards. It is also important to check with local authorities regarding trail closures or other information that may be necessary for a safe and enjoyable hiking gulet cruises experience.