Why Choose September and October for Gulet Cruising
Gulet cruising in the summer months are great. The kids are out of school and it’s time to relax, unwind, relieve some stress with a fun-filled time at sea. Lots of water sports, land excursions, good fresh Mediterranean foods, and other interesting things to do and see. Between the months from late June to the third week of August, boat traffic increases as it is the most popular as well, convenient time to go on vacation.
But then there are the not-so-busy months when many travelers will go back to school and work. If you are curious about the late summer and early falls months, and happen to have the convenience of enjoying your holidays in Southern Turkey or the Dodecanese islands of Greece, the months of September and October are great.
The benefits in hiring a luxury private gulet in September and October are many. Below is a list why you could choose to go gulet cruising :
- Charter rates are quite low.
- Temperatures are mild/hot ranging in the high 20’s celcius during the day and mid 20’s at night.
- The sea is nice and warm for swimming, snorkeling and other water sports.
- Catching some rays and a tan is definitely possible.
- There is a beautiful breeze in the air and makes it all the more enjoyable on deck to relax with a good read – or do nothing at all.
- The breeze is also wonderful for a bit of sailing too.
- Boat traffic is at its lowest making even the more popular destinations with fewer crowds.
- With low boat traffic you can have a bay or cove all to yourselves.
- In addition to the perks in cost, airfare is cheaper too.
- Last but certainly not least is your choice in boat charters. Many gulets are available for hire, particularly after mid September.
- Oh yes, and if you love to hike, bike, walk, do yoga; because the humidity and heat are not like the peak summer months, September and October are ideal and quite comfortable, for this kind of activity.
- It’s simply a quieter more peaceful time of year with choices ideal for more mature travelers.